The Cliff Hotel – Enhanced Health & Safety Protocols
As we get ready to welcome you back to The Cliff Hotel on October 1st, we want to reassure you that the well-being of our guests, team members and neighbors remains, as always, our top priority. With this in mind we invite you to read the new enhanced Health & Safety Protocols we have implemented.
While these unsettling times have brought unexpected changes, know that our “guests are family” philosophy remains the same. Our aim, more than ever, is to provide a stress-free and relaxing experience from the moment you book your stay, to the moment we bid you farewell.
We understand the concerns which surround the COVID-19 pandemic, so if any of the information below does not address your questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us directly on +1-800-213-0583 | +1-876-632-0919 or via email at Reservations@thecliffjamaica.com.
As we continue to learn and enhance our measures in line with local government and CDC recommendations/guidelines, we will update this page with the latest information regarding our Health & Safety Protocols. Therefore, you are kindly invited to check back in prior to making your reservation and or checking in to the hotel.
See you soon. One love,
The Cliff Hotel.
Please note that the Ministry of Tourism of Jamaica has established new travel guidelines and protocols, which you must follow to visit our country. Please visit https://www.visitjamaica.com/travelauthorization/ to complete your application and retrieve your travel authorization prior to travelling.
- Handheld temperature scanners will be used to take the temperature of employees before they commence their daily shift.
- Training will be conducted to ensure Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- All Standard Operating Procedure documents have been updated to reflect detailed Post COVID-19 procedures in each department.
- All employees must follow normal preventative actions, including frequent hand washing and maintaining a distance of two meters from each other and hotel guests whenever possible.
- Team members will observe the hotel’s Emergency Plan should a suspected case of Covid-19 arise.
- Contractors will have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water.
- As usual, the Hotel staff is happy to assist you with your ground transportation from the airport to the Hotel if requested at least 24hrs prior to your arrival.
- Guests are encouraged to arrange private transportation for their travelling party and avoid sharing buses or taxis with strangers.
- Drivers will have hand sanitizer onboard and should wear masks at all times. Guests are encouraged to also wear masks for the duration of their journey.
- Our staff will communicate with you to collect guest(s) profile details and email necessary information in order to limit check in-time. Guests are encouraged to provide information about their travelling party (names, addresses, special needs/requests) as well as payment information prior to arrival. However, in the event that guests prefer to provide needed information at the time of arrival, we have installed an acrylic barrier at the front desk to protect the health of both our guests and employees.
- At time of arrival, your temperature will be taken with an infrared no-touch thermometer and you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire as to the state of your health.
- Assistance with luggage will be provided upon request.
- Guests and staff will be required to wear face masks and/or face shields in all public areas of the Hotel, including the restaurant where guests may remove the mask once seated at their table.
- Guests will be encouraged to observe social distancing of at least six feet (two meters) whenever interacting with individuals outside their travelling party and practice frequent hand-washing.
- Sanitizing stations have been installed in all public areas of the hotel, including the lobby, public bathrooms, the gym, spa, yoga pavilion, gift shop, bars and restaurant.
- All public areas will be cleaned hourly or as needed.
- Prior to your arrival, your room and its contents, including the air conditioning filters, will be cleaned and sanitized by our experienced housekeeping staff.
- All room amenities that are not single-use will be removed from the rooms, including all menus, paper notices and other collateral.
- Decorative items such as pillows and bed throws will also be removed.
- Once you have checked-in you will be given the option of selecting whether you want daily housekeeping or turndown service.
- If you wish to use the gym or arrange for spa services, you will be asked to make an appointment.
- Only individuals travelling together may use the gym or spa at the same time.
- Yoga classes and other outdoor activities will be organized, weather permitting, if participants are able to observe required social distancing.
- The gym, spa and yoga pavilion will be disinfected after each use as will yoga mats, weights and all other equipment used.
- All public areas will be cleaned hourly or as needed.
- Lounge chairs around the pool and the villas will be spaced to provide required social distancing protocols.
- Bar chairs will be removed to discourage guests from congregating in bar areas.
- Guests are encouraged to make reservations or order room service.
- Tables will be spaced to provide ample room between guests and meet recommended government protocols.
- As usual, table linens will be changed after every seating and restaurant utensils will be wrapped in napkins and placed on tables at the time the guest is seated.
- Kitchen staff must wear face masks and/or face shields during meal preparation and servers must wear masks and/or face shields when interacting with guests to take their food order, serve their food and clear their table.
- Wear masks and observe social distancing.
- Report any COVID-19-like symptoms to Hotel management.
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use hand sanitizer as needed.
- Avoid touching your face unnecessarily.
- Eat a wide variety of fresh foods daily.
- Hydrate well and regularly.