Wedding Venues Jamaica

Explore More Explore More
wedding couple

Destination Weddings

Looking for a dream destination wedding setting? Look no further than the picture perfect surroundings of The Cliff Hotel. With blue skies, azure waters, enchanting sunsets, and Negril’s legendary cliffs creating a naturally elegant backdrop to frame every magical moment, The Cliff Hotel has it all; so, dare to dream.
Decorative Image

Destination Weddings FAQ’s

Simply put, it’s when a couple decides to travel to another country to get married. The 3rd largest island in the Caribbean, Jamaica is one of most popular destination wedding and honeymoon locations in the world. With beautiful beaches, tropical weather, vibrant culture and great hotels, it’s not hard to work out why!
The more time, the better, so start the process sooner rather than later! 9-18 months usually gives you an ideal amount of time to coordinate all the details. Not to mention early booking helps secure great travel rates, which is of importance if you have a large group of attendees. But don’t worry, if time is of the essence, we’ve worked with ‘last minute” couples and have helped them plan fabulous weddings with only a few months (or weeks!) to spare.

By law you’re only required to be in Jamaica 24 hours beforehand, providing prior application has been made for a marriage license.

However, we always recommend that you arrive at least 72 hours in advance. This allows you to spend with the wedding team to go through any final details before the big day.

Once your wedding is confirmed at The Cliff, please send us your applicable personal details (birth certificate, divorce decrees, death certificates) so that we can apply for a marriage license on your behalf. Your wedding planner will make the application two to three months’ prior the wedding date.

In order to apply for a marriage license, both participants must provide:

  • Proof of citizenship – original or certified copy of birth certificate, which must include father’s name.
  • Copy of ID or Passport
  • Divorce Decree (if applicable)
  • Death certificate (if applicable)
  • Legal name change documents (if applicable)
  • Legal adoption papers, including any name change reference (if applicable)
  • Professional English translation required (if applicable)
  • Parent’s written consent if under 18 years of age

***Please Note: Any documents that are not issued in English must be translated by an Official Translator and then certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of residence and by the nearest Jamaican Mission or Honorary Consulate.